What did you miss while you were making Facebook photos superimposing Ted Lange’s face on a hurricane tracking map? Read on.
– Basketball: The U.S. Under-17 women didn’t have much trouble with anyone at the World Championships. The 3-on-3 tournament was a little tougher. Literally. After beating France in the final 17-16, Chiney Ogwumike had this to say:
In the end, it’s better to be physical than to play like girls.
– Snowboarding: Already time for 2014 qualifying! And Kelly Clark is dominating the halfpipe.
– Rugby: The U.S. men qualified for the 2013 Sevens Rugby World Cup with a few dominating wins, then lost to Canada in the qualifying final. (The U.S. women had already qualified.)
– Nordic combined and other insane endurance events: Billy Demong won a running, biking, river-crossing and mud-traversing race in Utah.
– Archery: Miranda Leek won the women’s recurve in the SoCal Showdown with an X in the shoot-off.
– Wrestling: Zain Retherford won the 63kg (138.75 pound) freestyle at the Cadet World Championships.
The Team USA wrap has more on bowling, beach volleyball, equestrian, baseball, triathlon, water skiing, sprint kayaking and track cycling.
Categories: olympic sports